Thursday 23 May 2013

Cyprus butterflies - 2013

May 4-9, 2013:
Several species were already on the wing in the very hot weather:

Lesser Fiery Copper (Lycaena thersamon), male, near Kidasi

Hermit (Chazara brizeis) near Anarita

Clouded yellow (Colias crocea) at Polis

Long-tailed Blue (Lampides boeticus) near Panagia (top) and close to the Evretou dam

Mallow Skipper (Carcharodus alceae) at Polis

Millet Skipper (Pelopidas thrax) near Kouklea

Lulworth Skipper (Thymelicus acteon) at Polis

Painted Lady (Vanessa cardui) at Polis

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures... but I wish the labels were more basic such as "butterfly" and "cyprus" and "grasshopper" so I could maybe find and make an id on bugs I've seen easier. If I knew what I was looking for, I would not be looking...

    ReplyDelete